Friday, June 8, 2012

New Director of Bands, Mr. Josh Brown


Students and Parents of the Central High School Band,
         
             I wanted to thank everyone who was able to attend our first informal meeting. So far everyone I have met has made me feel very welcome, I cannot express how much this helps me. I am looking forward to working with all of you, I believe this program has many great qualities and I am honored to be a part of it. My plan is to send weekly updates via email with a list of upcoming events. Obviously I am still getting my feet wet with the program so this week you will probably receive several emails of events once I have them nailed down.  If you know of anyone who was not able to attend the first meeting please have them contact me either at centralwarriorband@gmail.com or the bandroom office phone. Over the next few weeks I will be in and out of South Carolina until I get everything moved up here. That being said I may not be in the band office but I will always have access to email. There may be some bugs in my email list (I.E. incorrect spellings) and I may not have everyone on this list yet. If you know anyone who is not getting emails please let me know. Communication is vital for any successful program so it is very important that I have everyone on board.
          I received alot of great information from the student information forms on what you want for your program, I can already tell the dedication level of this band is very high. Students shared some great show ideas ranging from military/patriotic to latin. I am still working on a show design which will take this band to the next level, I am definitely taking your input into consideration. I will get more information on a show concept as soon as I can. If any students think of any other show ideas please pass it along.
STUDENTS:
      This is going to be a great year for our program. Let all of your friends know how good we are going to be, get the word around. Remember that YOU are the best advocate of your program. If you know anyone interested in joining band or if there are students not on this mailing list who should be please let me know.

TUESDAY JUNE 12, 6;30PM

All parents of current or potential band students, we are having a booster club meeting. This is coming up next week, I realize this is short notice but we have several things to go over that are necessary for the success of this program. Please make every effort to attend.

BAND INFORMATION FORM

I am sending out a separate email with an information form for students. This is similar to the information form I used at the first meeting with students last Tuesday. If you were at the meeting please fill out the parts labeled required. This is going to serve as a commitment form for marching band members this year. It is VITAL that I get this form filled out accurately and by every student. Before I can create a marching band show I must know who is going to be there.

STUDENTS AND PARENTS

If you have any questions about anything please do not hesitate to email me or call my office. This coming week I am going to be calling everyone to introduce myself and answer any questions you may have. Be patient, I still may not have all the answers but I will get you the information you need. I look forward to speaking with each of you.

STUDENTS

If you are interested in being a student leader or drum major please email me. I need a list of candidates. Drum major auditions have been rescheduled for July 17, this is included in our summer schedule. The reason for my decision on this later date is so you can have a chance to receive training on leadership and conducting.  If this is a scheduling concern I need to know as soon as possible. I must work with both your schedules and the schedules of the drum major judges. 


Thanks to everyone for being patient while I transition to our program. please email centralwarriorband@gmail.com if you have any questions about anything I have gone over.

Sincerely,

Josh Brown
Director of Bands
Central High School
L.F. Addington Middle School

No comments: